Isis is the goddess of many names.
She is Mother Mary, the Black Madonna, Asheera and Kali to name just a few. She’s best known for unconditional compassion and love. When you need someone to hold, comfort and nurture you, Isis is the goddess to seek out. Within very little time, her presence will heal all your pain.
Isis nurtures you so that you will have the strength to look beyond yourself and reach out to heal others with compassion, forgiveness and love. If you are unwilling to let all grudges go, seek a different aspect of the goddess. Isis expects you at least to be open to unity before she’ll work with you.
What you will need:
- A notebook sized piece of paper
- A red felt tipped pen
- Fresh basil leaves (though you can use dried basil in a pinch)
What to do:
- On one side of the paper, write out your magickal name. If for some reason you don’t have one, you can write out your full name instead.
- On the opposite side draw four hearts and put one of the following words in each: compassion, healing, forgiveness and love.
- Shred the basil leaves into small pieces and sprinkle them onto the centre of the paper (heart side).
- Fold the paper over the leaves four times, making sure not to lose any of the basil.
- Once it’s complete, hold the paper to your heart and say the following:
Great goddess fill my heart with these things until it overflows
- Keep the paper next to your heart until the following night.
- Without unfolding the paper, bury it in your garden near your favourite plant. Alternatively, if you have no garden or wish your magickal working nearer to you, you can bury in the same pot as your favourite house plant.
Isis is our guiding goddess over at the Soul Path Tribe this month. We’re working our goals with her keyword of compassion in mind – why not join us?