Like most magickal practitioners, I have a large collection of magickal props around the house to use in my workings. Most of them are natural or handcrafted, though I must confess to owning a few trendy items that happened to catch my eye while I was out and about.
This would be fine except for one minor and vexing point; occasionally, I’m away from home when there’s a need to cast a spell. Whilst I can, and often do in these occasions, cast using only intention and a few hand gestures (No, not those! Though I can’t say they don’t cross my mind from time to time), sometimes I’m able to put more emotion into the spell if I have some physical components.
This presents an all-new problem.
What items can I fit in my handbag or wear on my person that will act as a focus without looking weird?
After some experimentation, I settled on these:
- A small sachet of salt for blessing or purifying
- A small sachet of sugar to sweeten attitudes
- A compact mirror to summon or absorb energy
- A necklace with either a stone or an emblem for use as a pendulum or an aid in healing
- A small notepad and a pen to create incantations or sigils
What essential magickal items do you carry around in your bag or purse?